Forward Thinking Design is one of the most awarded interior design and project management studios in Australia. We provide compelling and cost effective design solutions to the following industries: retailers, restaurants and hospitality, finance, commercial, health and fitness, clubs and entertainment venues, shopping centres and property management.
VISION – PROFIT DRIVEN CREATIVE DESIGN
At Forward Thinking Design our vision is to become leaders in our industry based upon building successful businesses, maintaining an exemplary standard of ethics, providing superior service and delivering highly effective creative solutions
UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITION
We are equally focussed on aesthetic and our client’s business performance. We test every element against the question: “Will this design feature support profit generation?” Our focus is on providing creative solutions that guarantee exemplary return on investment for our clients. We provide superior value by creating environments that look like far more was spent on them than the actual outlay.
We give our clients peace of mind knowing that they have a regulatory compliant, practical and persuasive presence, maximising the impact of every square metre upon which they’re paying rent.
Our focus is on building long term, mutually beneficial relationships. We truly honour the part we play in contributing to our client’s future success.
Vanessa Cullen, Managing Director of FTD, secured her first commercial design commission at the age of 16. Throughout her university studies she continued to undertake projects on the side. At the age of 25 she resigned from the interior design company she was employed with in protest against unacceptable business practices and established herself as a full-time sole trader under the trading name ‘Forward Thinking Design’.
In early 2010, with Vanessa now in her late 20’s, Forward Thinking Design became a company. Forward Thinking Design Pty Ltd now employs seven staff, a number of subcontractors and has won a myriad of awards, which are listed below.
FTD has always been an equal opportunity employer committed to a high level of corporate social responsibility. The health and welfare of our staff and community are paramount. As an employer of choice we provide flexible study and family friendly working conditions, optional gym memberships and wellness support, ergonomic workstations in a healthy and vibrant office and wholefood, plant based nourishment. We run a mentoring, internship and work experience program for high school, tertiary students and new immigrant professionals. Since our inception we have aimed to minimise our environmental impact, both through internal operations and mindful specification in our projects, and we have offered reduced fee and pro bono services to the following community organisations and charities: Parramatta Mission, KidsWest, Habitat for Humanity and PKD Australia.
To continue living up to our name as being ‘forward thinking’, and in response to personal values, the latest scientific information, global trends and growing consumer demand; FTD has taken the bold step of making it formal policy for the company to proudly operate as Environmentally Sustainable, Ethical, Plant Based and Cruelty Free, as of June 1st 2016. This means that FTD will henceforth decline to work with any client or supplier it knows, or finds to be, knowingly and significantly involved in the trade of tobacco, firearms/weapons, gambling, off premises alcohol and/or irresponsible service of on premises alcohol, factory farming, live export, child labour, human rights abuses, environmental degradation, discrimination, and the sale/marketing of consumables deemed detrimental to individual and community health and wellbeing.
At this stage we do not intend to remove from our portfolio works completed, or for which we were engaged, prior to 1st June 2016 that do not comply with this new, more mindful policy, but we hope to do so in future. Our office environment, staff behaviours, procurement/specification policies and internal operations have been fully reviewed and are now aimed at best practice in reflecting our evolved company values. We will actively seek to engage with clients and suppliers demonstrating a strong commitment to social, environmental, ethical and compassionate responsibility.
For more information please Contact Us
We proudly support:
- FINALIST – SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2014 – NIJI
- FINALIST- WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2014
- CEO OF THE YEAR 2013 – TEC – VANESSA CULLEN
- FINALIST – HILLS BUILDING AND DESIGN AWARDS 2013 – RETAIL SHOP FITOUT – COSMO COFFEE
- FINALIST – SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2013 – PACHAMAMA
- FINALIST – ASOFIA 2012-2013 INTERIOR FITOUT AWARDS – SERGIO’S CAKE SHOP
- FINALIST – SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2012 – INTERIOR DESIGN/RETAIL
- FINALIST – NSW BUSINESS CHAMBER AWARDS – 2012 – FUTURE BUSINESS LEADER
- WINNER – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2012 – VANESSA CULLEN – YOUNG FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- FINALIST – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2012 – EXCELLENCE IN PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND EXCELLENCE IN EXPORT
- FINALIST – TELSTRA AUSTRALIA BUSINESS AWARDS 2012 – HTC START-UP
- WINNER – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2011 – BUSINESS OF THE YEAR 2011
- WINNER – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2011 – EXCELLENCE IN PROPERTY
- SHORTLISTED – ANTHILL MAGAZINE COOL COMPANY AWARDS 2011 – MICRO BUSINESS AND X-FACTOR
- SHORTLISTED – INTERIOR DESIGN EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2011 – SERGIO’S CAKE SHOP (RETAIL)
- WINNER – SUNCORP WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2010 – CUSTOMER SERVICE
- RUNNER UP – ANTHILL MAGAZINE COOL COMPANY COMMERCIAL CREATIVITY AWARD 2010 – SERGIO’S CAKE SHOP
- RUNNER UP – ANTHILL MAGAZINE COOL COMPANY COMMERCIAL CREATIVITY AWARD 2009 – KRANK CLOTHING
- WINNER – SUNCORP WESTERN SYDNEY REGIONAL BUSINESS AWARDS 2009 – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- WINNER – SUNCORP PARRAMATTA REGIONAL BUSINESS AWARDS 2008 – CHAIRMAN’S CHOICE & NEW BUSINESS