Forward Thinking Design is one of the most awarded branding, user experience, fitout design and project management studios in Australia. We provide compelling and cost effective strategic solutions to the following clientele: restaurants and hospitality, retail, services, health and fitness, sporting clubs and, public and entertainment venues.
VISION – IMPACT DRIVEN CREATIVE DESIGN
Forward Thinking Design are leaders in our industry, based upon creating superior consumer and user experiences and thereby building successful businesses and organisations. We maintain an exemplary standard of ethics, provide time and cost efficient end to end services and deliver highly effective creative solutions for positive commercial and social impact.
UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITION
We are focussed on providing creative solutions that guarantee exemplary return on investment for socially responsible clients. We test every element against the question: “Will this strategy, brand or design feature support our clients objectives?” Our goal is to deliver maximal impact, efficiency and best practice solutions.
We build long term, mutually beneficial relationships with our clients as collaborative partners. We truly honour the part we play in contributing to their future success.
Vanessa Cullen, Managing Director of FTD, secured her first commercial design commission at the age of 16. Throughout her university studies she continued to undertake projects on the side. At the age of 25 she resigned from the interior design company she was employed with in protest against unacceptable business practices and established herself as a full-time sole trader under the trading name ‘Forward Thinking Design’. In early 2010, with Vanessa now in her late 20’s, Forward Thinking Design became a company. Forward Thinking Design Pty Ltd prides itself on being an ethical and socially responsible company, true to the original purpose of its creation. Forward Thinking Design has won a myriad of awards, listed below.
FTD has been a proudly socially responsible firm since it’s inception over a decade ago. We were founded to specifically offer an alternative choice of consultant and employer for organisations and individuals with social, ethical and environmental impact values at their core. The health and welfare of our staff, clients and the community are paramount.
As an employer of choice we provide flexible study and family friendly working conditions, freedom to work from anywhere in the world, and a best practice ergonomic and healthy work environment in our offices. We run ongoing mentoring, internship and work experience program for high school, tertiary students and new immigrant professionals. We aim to minimise our environmental impact, both through internal operations and mindful specification in our projects, and are proud to have supported a growing list of community organisations and charities including Parramatta Mission, KidsWest, Habitat for Humanity, PKD Australia, Lentil as Anything, Bicycle NSW, Alfalfa House, Flame Tree Co-operative and Médecins Sans Frontières.
FTD declines to work with any client or supplier it knows, or finds to be, knowingly and significantly involved in the trade of tobacco, firearms/weapons, off premises alcohol and/or irresponsible service of on premises alcohol, factory farming, live export, child labour, human rights abuses, environmental degradation, discrimination, and the sale/marketing of consumables deemed detrimental to individual and community health and wellbeing.
We actively seek to engage with clients and suppliers demonstrating a strong commitment to social, environmental, ethical, cruelty-free and compassionate responsibility.
For more information please Contact Us
We proudly currently support:
- SILVER WINNER – SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2016 – BROWN JERSEY
- FINALIST – HILLS BUILDING AND DESIGN AWARDS 2016 – RETAIL SHOP FITOUT
- FINALIST – SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2014 – NIJI
- FINALIST- WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2014
- CEO OF THE YEAR 2013 – TEC – VANESSA CULLEN
- FINALIST – HILLS BUILDING AND DESIGN AWARDS 2013 – RETAIL SHOP FITOUT – COSMO COFFEE
- FINALIST – SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2013 – PACHAMAMA
- FINALIST – ASOFIA 2012-2013 INTERIOR FITOUT AWARDS – SERGIO’S CAKE SHOP
- FINALIST – SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2012 – INTERIOR DESIGN/RETAIL
- FINALIST – NSW BUSINESS CHAMBER AWARDS – 2012 – FUTURE BUSINESS LEADER
- WINNER – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2012 – VANESSA CULLEN – YOUNG FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- FINALIST – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2012 – EXCELLENCE IN PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND EXCELLENCE IN EXPORT
- FINALIST – TELSTRA AUSTRALIA BUSINESS AWARDS 2012 – HTC START-UP
- WINNER – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2011 – BUSINESS OF THE YEAR 2011
- WINNER – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2011 – EXCELLENCE IN PROPERTY
- SHORTLISTED – ANTHILL MAGAZINE COOL COMPANY AWARDS 2011 – MICRO BUSINESS AND X-FACTOR
- SHORTLISTED – INTERIOR DESIGN EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2011 – SERGIO’S CAKE SHOP (RETAIL)
- WINNER – SUNCORP WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2010 – CUSTOMER SERVICE
- RUNNER UP – ANTHILL MAGAZINE COOL COMPANY COMMERCIAL CREATIVITY AWARD 2010 – SERGIO’S CAKE SHOP
- RUNNER UP – ANTHILL MAGAZINE COOL COMPANY COMMERCIAL CREATIVITY AWARD 2009 – KRANK CLOTHING
- WINNER – SUNCORP WESTERN SYDNEY REGIONAL BUSINESS AWARDS 2009 – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- WINNER – SUNCORP PARRAMATTA REGIONAL BUSINESS AWARDS 2008 – CHAIRMAN’S CHOICE & NEW BUSINESS