VISION – IMPACT DRIVEN HUMAN-CENTRED STRATEGY & DESIGN
Forward Thinking Design are leaders in our industry, based upon creating superior consumer and user experiences and thereby building successful businesses and organisations. We maintain an exemplary standard of ethics, provide time and cost efficient end to end services and deliver highly effective human-centred design and strategy solutions for positive commercial and social and environmental impact.
We retain our commercial profits to support our extensive provision of low and pro bono professional services to charities and our fellow social enterprises.
Vanessa Cullen, Managing Director of FTD, secured her first commercial design commission at the age of 16. Throughout her university studies she continued to undertake projects on the side. At the age of 25 she resigned from the interior design company she was employed with in protest against unacceptable business practices and established herself as a full-time sole trader under the trading name ‘Forward Thinking Design’. In early 2010, with Vanessa now in her late 20’s, Forward Thinking Design became a company. Forward Thinking Design Pty Ltd prides itself on being an ethical and socially responsible studio, true to the original purpose of its creation. Forward Thinking Design is a B Corporation and Social Traders certified social enterprise.
FTD has been a proudly socially responsible firm since it’s inception over a decade ago. We were founded to specifically offer an alternative choice of consultant and employer for organisations and individuals with social, ethical and environmental impact values at their core. The health and welfare of our staff, clients and the community are paramount.
As an employer of choice we provide flexible study and family friendly working conditions, freedom to work from anywhere in the world, and a best practice ergonomic and healthy work environments. We run ongoing mentoring, internship and work experience programs for high school, tertiary students and new immigrant professionals. We aim to minimise our environmental impact, both through internal operations and mindful specification in our projects, and are proud to have supported a growing list of community organisations and charities including Parramatta Mission, KidsWest, Habitat for Humanity, PKD Australia, Lentil as Anything, Bicycle NSW, Alfalfa House, Flame Tree Co-operative, Médecins Sans Frontières and many more.
FTD declines to work with any client or supplier it knows, or finds to be, knowingly and significantly involved in the trade of tobacco, firearms/weapons, off premises alcohol and/or irresponsible service of on premises alcohol, factory farming, live export, child labour, human rights abuses, environmental degradation, discrimination, and the sale/marketing of consumables deemed detrimental to individual and community health and wellbeing.
We actively seek to engage with clients and suppliers demonstrating a strong commitment to social, environmental, ethical, cruelty-free and compassionate responsibility.
For more information please Contact Us
WE PROUDLY SUPPORT
- FINALIST IN FINDER GREEN AWARDS 2021 - GREEEN LEADER
- SILVER WINNER SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2020 - FORWARD THINKING DESIGN PROCESS
- SILVER WINNER SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2020 - CLUB CATALINA MAIN BAR AND MEMBERS LOUNGE
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY BLACKTOWN WOMEN OF THE YEAR FINALIST
- SOCIAL TRADERS CERTIFIED 2020
- CERTIFIED B-CORP 2017
- SILVER WINNER – SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2016 – BROWN JERSEY
- FINALIST – HILLS BUILDING AND DESIGN AWARDS 2016 – RETAIL SHOP FITOUT
- FINALIST – SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2014 – NIJI
- FINALIST- WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2014
- CEO OF THE YEAR 2013 – TEC – VANESSA CULLEN
- FINALIST – HILLS BUILDING AND DESIGN AWARDS 2013 – RETAIL SHOP FITOUT – COSMO COFFEE
- FINALIST – SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2013 – PACHAMAMA
- FINALIST – ASOFIA 2012-2013 INTERIOR FITOUT AWARDS – SERGIO’S CAKE SHOP
- FINALIST – SYDNEY DESIGN AWARDS 2012 – INTERIOR DESIGN/RETAIL
- FINALIST – NSW BUSINESS CHAMBER AWARDS – 2012 – FUTURE BUSINESS LEADER
- WINNER – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2012 – VANESSA CULLEN – YOUNG FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- FINALIST – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2012 – EXCELLENCE IN PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND
- EXCELLENCE IN EXPORT
- FINALIST – TELSTRA AUSTRALIA BUSINESS AWARDS 2012 – HTC START-UP
- WINNER – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2011 – BUSINESS OF THE YEAR 2011
- WINNER – WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2011 – EXCELLENCE IN PROPERTY
- SHORTLISTED – ANTHILL MAGAZINE COOL COMPANY AWARDS 2011 – MICRO BUSINESS AND X-FACTOR
- SHORTLISTED – INTERIOR DESIGN EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2011 – SERGIO’S CAKE SHOP (RETAIL)
- WINNER – SUNCORP WESTERN SYDNEY AWARDS FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 2010 – CUSTOMER SERVICE
- RUNNER UP – ANTHILL MAGAZINE COOL COMPANY COMMERCIAL CREATIVITY AWARD 2010 – SERGIO’S CAKE SHOP
- RUNNER UP – ANTHILL MAGAZINE COOL COMPANY COMMERCIAL CREATIVITY AWARD 2009 – KRANK CLOTHING
- WINNER – SUNCORP WESTERN SYDNEY REGIONAL BUSINESS AWARDS 2009 – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- WINNER – SUNCORP PARRAMATTA REGIONAL BUSINESS AWARDS 2008 – CHAIRMAN’S CHOICE & NEW BUSINESS